Locust Swarm

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
This is horrible. There are news articles from the past two years of locust swarms in Oregon, but I could find nothing for this year. Perhaps too soon for it to hit the news. I'm so sorry for your losses. Floods in my state, locusts in yours - it's like a biblical epic.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
what a horrible thing to have happen. :(

are they locusts or Mormon Crickets?

pick which plants you want to cover but otherwise when they get that bad you're in SHTF situation.

if you think a plant will not survive maybe take some cuttings and try to get those rooted inside.

peteyfoozer

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
what a horrible thing to have happen. :(

are they locusts or Mormon Crickets?

pick which plants you want to cover but otherwise when they get that bad you're in SHTF situation.

if you think a plant will not survive maybe take some cuttings and try to get those rooted inside.
Probably Mormon crickets, though I can’t tell difference. Nothing stops them and they are all over the ranch

peteyfoozer

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Can we see pictures? I'm dying of curiousity and have been checking this thread every day for an update.
IMG_5219.jpeg
IMG_5215.jpeg
IMG_5212.jpeg

I have video of walking out back to the garden where they are so thick they are hitting me in the arms and face, getting caught in my hair, in Fen’s coat, but idk how to post video…awful things!

Latest posts