Long absence

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@baymule ....lol You asked for it so here it goes.
Well I dont know how many of you know, but Monty left the job where he was traveling to Morgantown all the time. He is now working for Cabela's Distribution Center out of Wheeling WV. He is working in the maintenance Department and is home every night. :weee
As for me, I'm recouperating pretty well. Yes the pain from the surgery was pretty intence at first, and I had to sleep in the recliner for about 3 weeks. That got old pretty fast....lol i'm finally able to sleep in my own bed but still have some bad nights with pain. That's to be expected I guess. Physical therapy has been ramped up a little bit as of today. :barnie
We managed to get our paws on the last property in 2015. We fixed it up and now we are living in it until the new house is built. Which the process of tearing down the old trailer has begun. I will post pictures of that later and on a different post.
My DD is now officially an Senior in High school. :hit So it's going to be a very hectic year for all of us. She's thinking about going to WVU for college and majoring in Forensic Science.:thumbsup

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome back and hope things settle in nicely. Glad the worst part is over (surgery) and now you can look forward to the future with a good shoulder and no pain. I'm sure it will be worth it.

Mary

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Welcome back and hope things settle in nicely. Glad the worst part is over (surgery) and now you can look forward to the future with a good shoulder and no pain. I'm sure it will be worth it.

Mary

Thanks Mary!!! The surgery was very long awaited!!! I'm not in the pain I was in before! Thankgoodness for that. That pain was constant. I know the "pain" from surgery and therapy will go away. Therapy is going a little slower than I thought, but I will get there.
I'm just happy that things are starting to settle down from buying the 3rd property and moving. At least our "big move" was only 2 doors down from where we were. LOL

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
If I remember right, you remodeled a trailer or home ? and moved into it right? So did you move from there to somewhere else? Or are you building a home on the 3rd property and then will move there when it's done.

Mary

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@ninnymary You are correct. We did remodel an mobile home and moved into it. The new house will be on the same property we are currently living on. The properties we own are all on the same lane we live on. I will have to post a panoramic picture of our property.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@Nyboy no, we are doing this to have a nice place to live during our retirement years and so one of our girls will have a place of their own if they would ever need it.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The one thing that has had me really irritated during my recovery is the amount of people who told me "If you need anything just call" have not once been there for me. My own family (brothers and sister) have not even called me to make sure I'm ok or if I need anything. Monty has been my rock. He has taken on a TON of responsibilities.
They say karma will come back around, well I'm about to find out how badly karma can get you back. I have been informed that my brother has a torn rotator cuff. If this is true, I feel for what he is about to go threw. It's not easy nor for the faint of heart.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Gee, I'm sorry!!! Heal up, and take your time doing it. I got thrown from a horse I owned, "Alpo" to the rest of the world, in May 2004 and broke my arm. Blew my riding and gardening season All to H e double toothpicks!! But I paid attention to the doctor and my humorous healed up correctly. You can vent ALL YOU WANT HERE!!

Latest posts