Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
daydreaming.jpg

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steve, I have been so busy lately- my mind hasn't been wandering much, I am afraid! When I have the chance, I find I am imagining a little farmhouse with a barn and enough acreage to be self sufficient. I don't think I am antisocial, but getting away from it all is very appealing and often where my mind goes... Where does your mind go?

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hum-m-m-m-m. With the end of the growing season - the spuds and carrots harvested today - my mind is wandering toward attempting a winter garden in the garden shed. I can sit for hours watching the wind blow across the fields. Now I dream of coaxing a cool weather garden in the shed.

Love, Smart Red

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow, Kate! Enclosed space!

It is difficult for me to say that building is a hobby of mine. There are many people in construction who know far more about what they are doing than I do. I have worked only briefly in construction, as a 19 year old kid. It left an impression on me.

Pretty much on my own, I've built a woodshed, a barn and 3 chicken coops (in 3 different locations). I've built a cabin and 2 hobby greenhouses. Doing things like this has been a good deal of fun!

DD is again looking for a house to buy. I hope that she can work towards (if not soon purchase) a new house -- one that reflects her & SIL's own thoughts and plans.

I am very reluctant to move from my present little home. It doesn't quite suit me to have so little land around me but I have no desire to give up something I am comfortable in and can maintain easily for an expensive piece of ground with what would be, by financial necessity, about the same home. Maybe if I could pick this little house up and move it somewhere . . . There is, however, the possibility of building a home but I would have to convince DW that my ideas would be a step up and not just a boondoggle. We could both enjoy the experience or not . . . Of course, the actual construction would have to be done to code and be something that I play only a very small part in.

The photograph is from my explorations into sheds - now how's that for downsizing?!? Anyway, I got wherever I ended up by starting with pinterest.com/historicshed . I think lots of people would like looking thru the photographs - sheds, cottages, garages, potting benches, chicken coops . . . ;)

While searching for "minimalist" home designs - an idea that appeals to me but not to DW and not much to DD :p - I tried a google search for "enclosed space" & "exterior." I was surprised how many images of "garden rooms" turned up! From the concepts I tend to use, I guess, I'm a gardener who happens to enjoy building :).

Steve

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think you would like these! They appeal to me at the cleaning level. We are way too messy to ever live with out tons of closets!
http://fayettewoman.com/tiny-house-big-style.html
digitS' said:
Wow, Kate! Enclosed space!

It is difficult for me to say that building is a hobby of mine. There are many people in construction who know far more about what they are doing than I do. I have worked only briefly in construction, as a 19 year old kid. It left an impression on me.

Pretty much on my own, I've built a woodshed, a barn and 3 chicken coops (in 3 different locations). I've built a cabin and 2 hobby greenhouses. Doing things like this has been a good deal of fun!

DD is again looking for a house to buy. I hope that she can work towards (if not soon purchase) a new house -- one that reflects her & SIL's own thoughts and plans.

I am very reluctant to move from my present little home. It doesn't quite suit me to have so little land around me but I have no desire to give up something I am comfortable in and can maintain easily for an expensive piece of ground with what would be, by financial necessity, about the same home. Maybe if I could pick this little house up and move it somewhere . . . There is, however, the possibility of building a home but I would have to convince DW that my ideas would be a step up and not just a boondoggle. We could both enjoy the experience or not . . . Of course, the actual construction would have to be done to code and be something that I play only a very small part in.

The photograph is from my explorations into sheds - now how's that for downsizing?!? Anyway, I got wherever I ended up by starting with pinterest.com/historicshed . I think lots of people would like looking thru the photographs - sheds, cottages, garages, potting benches, chicken coops . . . ;)

While searching for "minimalist" home designs - an idea that appeals to me but not to DW and not much to DD :p - I tried a google search for "enclosed space" & "exterior." I was surprised how many images of "garden rooms" turned up! From the concepts I tend to use, I guess, I'm a gardener who happens to enjoy building :).

Steve

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Pretty cute, those tiny houses!! I think it would work better in a location where you could spend a lot of time outside...and not where you're stuck inside because of the weather for extended periods of time...like Montana in the winter, or Seattle with all the rain!

I feel like our 1,000 sq. foot house fits my hubby and i very well, i would see us sticking to this size house even if we move. Plus we need a small garage for all the recreational gear and tools.