Looking for a few herb seeds...*Update in post #10

NurseNettie

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I know it's a bit late to be looking, but I was in the hospital and recovering from surgery, so I'm behind a bit... And now I can't find a few seeds I would love to plant this year.

Mint-- any kind-- especially the different and unique

Lavendar-- any kind at all!!!

Lemongrass, lemon balm

Any other "smelly", fragrant herb you might have that's good for teas and potpourris.

Stevia seeds.

I can pay you for them, pay postage, or trade for some of my seeds. I've got a whole bunch of various seeds, mostly heirlooms and open pollinated-- if you let me know what you need, I can see if I have anything!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have some black anise if you'd like. I use the seeds in baking and to flavor dandelion root tea (because it doesn't have much flavor on it's own). They have a delicate sweet/spicy licorice flavor to them. The plant is beautiful and unusual looking (bamboo-like stalks with very dark, dill-type foliage). PM me if you're interested.

beavis

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I've got three unopened packets of Lavender " English tall" that I can send you, plus some other surprises.

PM me your address and I will send them out to you free of charge....

NurseNettie

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Oh, thank you! Let me know if I can send you anything in return!!!

PM on it's way!

beavis said:
I've got three unopened packets of Lavender " English tall" that I can send you, plus some other surprises.

PM me your address and I will send them out to you free of charge....

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I have lemon grass but you won't get it through a winter in your area unless you have a greenhouse.

NurseNettie

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Do you know if it does ok in pots ? I have a LOT of large pots hanging around ( left behind in a shed by the previous owners) so I can grow in pots if it does ok in them :)

hoodat said:
I have lemon grass but you won't get it through a winter in your area unless you have a greenhouse.

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
NurseNettie said:
Do you know if it does ok in pots ? I have a LOT of large pots hanging around ( left behind in a shed by the previous owners) so I can grow in pots if it does ok in them :)

hoodat said:
It does fine in pots, the bigger the better. Even then it will need to be divided several times a year. The clump gets big fast. If you try to grow it inside it will need a very sunny window or a strong grow light. It is a tropical plant that grows in open grassy areas. If you want to give it a try PM me your address. I don't charge for it except for the postage. (about $3 or so)

NurseNettie

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I've got a GREAT all glass sunporch, and skylights in the house--- lots of sun everywhere!! I'll PM you!

hoodat said:
NurseNettie said:

hoodat said:
It does fine in pots, the bigger the better. Even then it will need to be divided several times a year. The clump gets big fast. If you try to grow it inside it will need a very sunny window or a strong grow light. It is a tropical plant that grows in open grassy areas. If you want to give it a try PM me your address. I don't charge for it except for the postage. (about $3 or so)

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
OK I got your address. look for it in the mail sometime within a week.
BILLY

NurseNettie

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Just a quick post/ update!

I've received my lavendar seeds, black anise and Angel trumpet seeds, and my lemongrass shoots ( these smell divine!)

I'll get my return parcels in the mail on Monday or Tuesday, as I"m working a hectic schedule all weekend- but wanted to acknowledge what I've received-- thanks SO MUCH!!!

Still looking for mints if anyone's got any :) Will pay or trade - let me know :)