Looking for Sewing help!?

Rosalind

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
ducks4you said:
Yeah--I noticed THAT, too.
I copied my answer below:
Sounds like a BUTTERICK pattern to me--NEVER use that brand--hate 'em, 'cause they assume you understand steps that are left OUT....then they leave THOSE steps out!!
Trick to Butterick patterns:

Learn to sew using costume patterns. Enough younguns in your family and a friendly neighborhood every Halloween, it only takes maybe a couple years to get decent at sewing, and if you time it right the small kids won't remember your worst mistakes. Make general sketches with basic directions for the following pieces: skirt, blouse, pants, overalls, formal dress. Write these out in a sketchbook. If possible, take a class on tailoring (not sewing, unless you plan on sewing nothing but doll clothes and hippie dresses). Take good notes for that too.

For every Butterick pattern thereafter, throw the directions away and just sew it per your previous notes according to what makes sense.

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
WOW!... vfem... it's perfect, great job! Thanks for posting a pic and for your tips. What did you use for the stem?
I think they would look neat mixed, a basket with some solid, red, green, and some patchwork ones. Very cute!
*telling self to finish the two projects I already have started* LOL

Rosalind, great tip! Patterns give me a headache! I try not to look at the directions unless all else fails.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I am still learning to read patterns, and I am still learning these special 'terms' for sewing and quilting. I miss these things because I was self taught with minor help from my mom. Who quit sewing when I was like 8 or 9 because the machine broke and she never got another. :(

Going to sew some more actually now...

I have plans for more apples, and I already did a new throw pillow for the couch today as well.

I am just putting off my MIL's quilt! :lol:

Latest posts