Looking for some flower seeds

Ariel301

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I don't like to use pesticides in my garden, so I'm looking for seeds for some pest-repelling flowers. I am after nasturtium, marigold, and petunia. Any color would be fine, or if you have another kind that repels the nasties, feel free to suggest it! I'd like to trade you for your extra seeds.

I have:
Zinnia, mixed colors
Pumpkin "Connecticut Field"
Beet "Detroit Dark Red"
Corn "Golden Bantam"
Tomato "Crimson Cushion Beefsteak"
Acorn Squash
Beans, "Contender"
Watermelon "Crimson Sweet"
Okra "Clemson Spineless"
Peas, "Green Arrow"
Buffalo Gourd
Jalapeno
Bell Peppers

I've got plenty of other seeds too, that's just what I know I have a lot of, so if you're after something in particular, I can see if I have it, I have a few boxes of seed!

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I have 2 different Marigold, French Dwarf Double Mixed Colors and Crackerjack Mixed Colors. One pkg of each.
I could use Jalapeno and tomato.

THANX RICH

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I've had very good results with copper canyon daisies as an insect repellent. (Actually it's a perennial marigold) The seeds have a low germination rate and are a pain to start but cuttings root in two weeks or less. You have to have room for one though. It's about three feet tall and the same width.

Ariel301

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, hoodat. That is a little big for where I intend to use it, but those are pretty flowers, I have seen them before.

hypnofrogstevie

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I have petunia seed heads that I can roll and get quite a few out for you. Just need some baggies LOL. Do you have any perennial seeds that will grow in zone 6a?

Ariel301

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Looking for perennial flowers, I'm gessing?

I've got a bag of mixed color zinnias, and moon flowers. The moonflowers are a vining plant that only opens its flowers at night. The flowers are large and white. I got the seeds from my mom who has grown them for years in Oklahoma, and I have never heard of anyone else who has them. The genus is Ipomoea if you want to look them up, I think they are very pretty, and they do well in poor soil. I'm not familiar with zone 6, so I don't know if either will be perennial there...

hypnofrogstevie

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I love the moonflower vines. So pretty but dont have the room to make it a houseplant. Zone 6a gets to -15F in the winter. How bout them 'maters. Do you have any other kinds? If not I would love the crimson beefsteak :)

Ariel301

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I've got the beefsteak, and also a little bit of "Rainbow Heirloom Mix" that I think is from Burpee...I don't know what is in it other than Green Zebra, that's the only plant I have gotten fruit off of yet. I can send you some of both if you want.

I'm not sure all that many garden flowers will survive -15! I used to live in Colorado where it would get down to -20 and the only non-native things I had perennialize were violas, dianthus, iris, and mint. Everything else would have to be re-planted.

Latest posts