Loose leaf tea

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
After trip from south, I'm hooked on sweet tea. Problem-I can't find loose leaf tea! Went to grocery stores, none. Will someone guest places to look. Use to be in grocery stores as I use to buy it. Don't suggest bags as flavor is different.

Dang, southern conspiracy!

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow, I'm surprised the grocery stores don't carry it any more. Are there any health food stores in the area? Maybe they would have it. Last time I ordered a sweet tea at Micky-D's, it was so sweet it was like syrup. Yuk. That was about 3 years ago.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
so lucky said:
Wow, I'm surprised the grocery stores don't carry it any more. Are there any health food stores in the area? Maybe they would have it. Last time I ordered a sweet tea at Micky-D's, it was so sweet it was like syrup. Yuk. That was about 3 years ago.
I mix sweet and unsweetened. Otherwise I would get a sugar high.

Sweet tea in south was much better, less sweet, stronger tea taste.

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I make sweet tea with teabags...but if you want looseleaf, try health food or organic food store, or a nice coffee shop.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
NwMtGardener said:
I make sweet tea with teabags...but if you want looseleaf, try health food or organic food store, or a nice coffee shop.
I've done it that way but loose leaf has a different flavor. Am talking shades of flavor differences but still different. Loose leaf not as sharp flavor.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Seedcorn, I buy my tea from a tiny local herb shop. I was just telling my DH tonight how my momma used to make tea on Sundays. I don't know what happened to her old pyrex pitcher, but I have her old tea strainer. :)

http://www.sfherb.com/store/loose-tea,category.asp

After I posted this, the banner ad that is always stalking me offered this site www.republicoftea.com It looks interesting......think I'll go look around ;)

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Okay, somebody clue me in on what makes it sweet tea? I always thought it was black tea with sugar in it. Is there some specific type of tea leaf that makes it unique?

MeggsyGardenGirl

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of sweet tea, but I am an avid tea drinker. My grocery stores (in Massachusetts) sell several varieties of loose tea, so we're lucky up here. But I can also get great tea and a huge selection from around the world here: http://www.uptontea.com. I've never been disappointed by them. It's worth a cyber visit just to see their offerings. Astounding.

Good luck on your quest.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
ok, here goes another dumb question...
If you want loose leaf... why not just cut open the tea bag?

Latest posts