Lost My Mom Today

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
She has been in hospice, in a nursing home for a couple of months, deteriorating daily. Finally today around 6:00 this evening she went "home." During my stay with her earlier today she was barely conscious. At least I knew it was coming.
I just feel kind of relieved right now; she was in such pain and misery.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm so sorry for your loss. :hugs Praying for you and your family. I'm glad you got to be with her in her last hours.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Aww, SoLucky I am so sorry. It is so hard to watch your parent suffer and decline a little each day, until at last, relief comes. You might have seen it coming, you might feel relieved for her to not be suffering any more, but it still hurts. I am so sorry my sister. Sending hugs and love your way.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, Sorry.

Difficult. I may have defied my mother when she no longer wanted to stay. It didn't seem possible that she would choose to go home. She wasn't angry with me and maybe it was easier for her to make a clearer decision of no intervention.

I encourage you to find something like one of the last things Mom wanted me to have: a little book of "Family Circus" comics. I seldom open it but see it nearly every day for the 7 years she has been gone.

Be kind to yourself.

Steve

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss. It will get better but it's tough to get there. Praying you have close family and friends

Latest posts