Lost rugosa rose

Todd Ziegler

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I am looking for a dwarf rugosa rose called schneezwerg or sometimes called snow mountain. I found it at high Country roses but they were out of stock. It only reaches 4-5 ft tall and I had one but lost it in my divorce. Then she tore it out instead of offering it to me. If anyone has seen it for sale please let me know where. Thanks

Todd Ziegler

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I love rugosa roses. I had a very large collection until my divorce. The schneezwerg was my favorite. I am going to purchase some of the others too.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I didn't know they came in different varieties. I thought it was just rugosa rose. I've been thinking about a rose hedge.....

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mine are pink, but I've seen them in red, white, and a yellow-ish. Rugosa roses make beautiful, but dangerous hedges. Sometimes that's just what is needed.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have mine growing between the lawn and the woods, and I take the hedger to them every other spring so there's not too much contact with them.
Those are the common rugosas, dark pink and highly fragrant. And extremely thorny. :rolleyes:

I also have a Therese Bugnet rugosa, that is more restrained. I moved her a few years ago, but must have left a root portion, because she's back in the front window bed.
I think I'll leave her till fall and then give her a nice spot somewhere else.

Latest posts