Louisiana

Zuly

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Hi, I'm on the bestbank, :lol: Westbank! (S.E. Louisiana).

My garden is mostly flowering perrenials. Haven't grown many vegis since Katrina. Yesterday I planted 2 Lime trees in containers and have a few tomatoes and bell peppers, also in containers.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm not from Louisiana, but I just wanted y'all to know, you have the best sounding accent of all! East Kentucky is next best.

I sure want to visit Louisiana some day. Not all those hot touristy places. Nope. Not me. I'd love to visit the bayou, walk along your rivers slapping mosquitoes and such of course, Have some Jambalaya for supper every night a new recipe, visit folk's gardens, the old folks gardens, taste someone's cowpeas only they grow, same with okra, probably peppers too.

Some families moved to Montana after Katrina. One family went to the nursery I worked at to find out how to garden in Montana, and they did well. They said they were from as far south of New orleans as you can get and still be on usually dry land. Some folks moved up to Montana after they saw convoys of trucks from Montana bringing in Hay and Alfalfa that was badly needed after Katrina.

Latest posts