Lowe's Bargain

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was at Lowe's yesterday and passed by the garden center when these caught my eye. They had banded walla walla onion plants for $3.18 per pack. It was supposed to be 40 plants, but I had Miss Ava practice her counting skills when she came over and we actually got 80 plants! I am not sure they all have 80 plants but I thought the price was good even for 40.
jackb

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
The best part of the deal is I did not have to plant them. Sitting in my lawn chair I offered encouraging words to Miss Ava, who, with her boundless enthusiasm for gardening planted every last one of them. I don't even remember when I could bend over like that, can you?.
jackb

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
i've noticed when i bought the bundles in the past they have many more that what they say they should have. so it is always a bonus for those! i'm hoping my local Home Depot or Lowes will have the Walla Walla this year too.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I knew I'd be jealous when I opened this, finding a great deal...... but getting them all planted just takes the cake! LOL

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Such a wonderful gift you have given your adorable grandchild! A love of gardening at such an early age- what a lucky girl!