Lunar eclipse

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
WOW! Did anyone watch it? I’d never seen one before. We had rain most of the night so I didn’t even look until I was walking out to the car and – BAM! – there it was – big ‘ol, half shaded, full moon sitting right on the peak of the barn. I kept an eye on it driving to work and watched it become more and more of a sliver. Now it’s just a faint ghost.
Wondering if we’ll get to see it uncover now that the sun is coming up?

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I took a few looks at it starting around 6:30am when I got up. It is so foggy here, it did not appear to be red to me. It wasn't long until it was behind the hills too and I could no longer see it. So now I'm watching on Nasa.com. :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sounds like you were lucky on the East Coast since it was so late in the morning there. The moon is mostly uncovered now but 8:15 EDT.

It will be fairly dark for another 2hours here. I was somewhat surprised that the horizon is a little cloudy here. The shadow hasn't come through as very red. ... shining a flashlight, trying to do shadow puppets ... won't work ... battery is dead.

digitS'

kidding!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Some years back when there was a lunar eclipse, Kid#2 and I were driving back from visiting my folks. We got to watch the whole thing on that lonely part of the 395 highway. It was huge and red and right in front of us a lot of the time. Like being at a drive in movie. :)

I forgot to look for this years eclipse.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I got up at 2:00 and went outside to see how the moon was doing. Nothing! Stepped out again at 3:00 expecting some change. Nope! Wandered out one more time near 4:00 and still couldn't see any change. Then I went to bed.

Bright and early -- almost 5:30 -- DH woke me up announcing he couldn't sleep anymore and was I getting up? Duh! I was expecting another hour of sleep at least.

It was a sleepy-eyed driver who watched the end of the eclipse on the way to breakfast. So, yes, I saw parts of it. (Hoping bedtime arrives here soon.)

Latest posts