Lyme

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Tue I went to Dr for exam, I hate giving blood. Fri my bloodworks was back, Lymes was negative. Last night after spending day in garden I found 2 deer ticks feeding off me !! What luck.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
My wife went to the doctor recently for a check-up. He mentioned that he was seeing a lot more tick-bore diseases this year than normal and recommended to use insect repellent. I plan to pick up some fresh repellent Thursday on my next shopping day.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have had Lymes before. I felt fine but being a dog groomer and gardener I am high risk. This has been one of the worst springs for ticks in NY.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Nyboy The ticks are thick here, too. Better to keep a watchful eye and be checked regularly. (Those buggers really creep me out! )

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
It is my understanding that the ticks have to be on you for 24 hours or more to spread Lyme's. I am hoping that is a true fact! I found one on me this summer- but the cat has them all the time.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well that's one thing good I can say about fire ants. We don't have as many ticks as we used to. That's about the only good thing to be said about fire ants, they are horrible. Now we have Raspberry Crazy Ants. Hope I don't get any in my yard. :fl

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well that's one thing good I can say about fire ants. We don't have as many ticks as we used to. That's about the only good thing to be said about fire ants, they are horrible. Now we have Raspberry Crazy Ants. Hope I don't get any in my yard. :fl

Raspberry Crazy ants? Is that a for real kind of ant Bay?

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I saw a piece on TV that said the crazy ants control fire ants. Can't remember exactly how but I think it had something to do with pheromones.

Latest posts