Major Corn Tragedy

Texan

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Well, my corn succomed to a major disease today. :hit The disease is a horrible malady known as "Cow Eatem UP Disease". Yep, one of my neighbors cows (4 cows) decided to come over and have breakfast this morning. I had just had a talk with this very neighbor over his horses in my pasture. I only had four corn plants planted but there were 9 ears of corn on there. They stomped all around my yellow meated and orange meated watermelons but somehow those didnt suffer any damage. Maybe they were being polite. When I go talk to these people all I ever get to talk to is a boy who appears to be 11 or 12 years of age because his parents no speaky the English. I cant make myself rant at a child. You wanna know what really ticks me off? Well, do ya? This guy owns a fence company. :he :he :he Those 3 acres are the only part I have not fenced. I guess I am gonna hafta go out there and fence it to protect next springs crops

I wonder iffin I have time to plant corn again?

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
AAAAAAAAAAAw.............. Pooooooooooooooooo!!!

I'd be ranting and raving at the local policea! :barnie Who wants to deal with them?

I'm so sorry.... I really hope this is the last of the tragedy for you this year. :hugs

blue skys

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I think anger might translate well! They may not know what you're saying, but they'll know what you're talking about. :somad :rant is universal. Sorry that happened.

I Just read the vfem's post and got a laugh at it. hahahaha. Policea sure does translate!!!!

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
omg I am so sorry! you could give it a try growing corn again what have you got to loose ..I would and can rant like a child! how miserable to have that happen...

I can not help but ask ..

did my favorite baby okra get stomped???

Texan

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
HiDelight said:
omg I am so sorry! you could give it a try growing corn again what have you got to loose ..I would and can rant like a child! how miserable to have that happen...

I can not help but ask ..

did my favorite baby okra get stomped???
No, they are in the main yard with the potatoes. I had the good sense to close that gate when I went off to find the owner of the bovines. While I was tracking him down is when they ate my corn. . It gets worse, I didnt realize it when I was looking at my watermelon plants because they were all nice and leafy still. Right now half of them have wilted real bad. Some of them had baby watermelons on them. I'm just gonna fence in the back pasture this month and chalk it up to lesson learned. I still have the other watermelon patch thats doing real well. The melons are for my wine making. Thanks for letting me yell about it a little.

Mjd

m.rogers

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Texan

Sorry about your corn but next time I say the he11 with the corn and go for some steak, ground beef and all that good stuff you can get from them cows.

Mike

Texan

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
m.rogers said:
Texan

Sorry about your corn but next time I say the he11 with the corn and go for some steak, ground beef and all that good stuff you can get from them cows.

Mike
Well, while I was tempted I thought better of it. One was a year old calf that I swear would have been perfect at the butchers. Neighbors are neighbors though even if they are careless or thoughtless. I will put up a fence . I only have to fence one long side and one short side. I've already got one long side fenced because the pond runs the lengt of the long side and I didnt want the neighbors kids falling in the pond. One short side is fenced because we had the main yard fenced with a 6 foot cyclone fence. I've got a few hundred T-Post I just need to buy some barbed wire and get to it. Problem solved. Then iffin a cow pushes the fence down then I will have no problem either collecting money or eating good corn fed beef.

Farmer Kitty

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Can't think much of your neighbors. :( I am a dairy farmer and while we do our best to keep fences up and in good shape, things happen, even with brand new fencing. If you have animals, you need to be prepared to compensate or fix damage done by your animals, IMO. I would tell the neighbor he owes you fencing supplies that you need--it's his animals you need to keep out plus, the damage they have done. Doesn't sound like he knows how to put up a good fence so, I would do the work myself.

blue skys

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
m.rogers said:
Texan

Mike
SSS!!! Well SES! (shoot, eat, shut up) :lol:

Latest posts