majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
dw just put away 6 pints of freezer pickles, more to come...yum
DSC_0030.JPG

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
got up this morning to drive the dw to the bus depot...really it rained again last night..now just so you all know i am not bragging.. i am tired of this late night rain storms it has rained every night for the last week and half.. you need water come on down it's all yours. hurry looks like in about 2 hours a band of showers are going to hit. wanted to get out in the tomatoes and spray some fungicide on them, not going to waste it with the way the radar is looking..
got the mowing done it was a hay field here, did not care if the grass was wet it got mowed. prepped the kale bed dont know whats going in there yet

while out there just for laughs planted a couple lettuce and beet seeds between the first planting of corn just to see if they will grow in the middle of summer..

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow, it's so lush and green. Looks like you have a river running through your garden at the moment. We very thankfully didn't get as much rain as they had called for (said 3"-10" in some spots). It would have been another tragic situation to areas that still haven't recovered from the last flash flood. My garden appears to have doubled in size after 2 days of drizzly rain. Can't wait to get back in there and plant a few more things!

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
7/6/16 update...
got out early this morning nothing like being slapped in face with 80* and 95% humidity walking out the door, trimmed back a couple branches that have been bugging me.. come back in to cool off . checked the radar great more rain coming..:he the ground cant take any more..

figured i better get out in the main mud garden and pick everything down. too some of you, you might find this offensive. aka @seedcorn deal with it :plbb

chu chu baby purple eggplant, clara eggplant, fortex beans, cucumbers and diplomat melons
DSC_0011.JPG
intruder bells, new ace red bells, red knight red bells, brandywine, ox heart, wes,and orange pixie mators, highlander and sweet banana peppers
DSC_0012.JPG
picked some of the mators early was not going to loss anymore due to rain... dw going to cook the eggplant and freeze it as a base for dinners
the bells are going to be chopped and froze. the cucumbers are for freezer pickles the fortex beans are for dinner. and the highlander are for chili rellenos the bananas are salads.
this is my best so far on the mariana mators i know there are a few bigger monsters out there.
DSC_0014.JPG

smelt something funny, the majors united nations is a drug free zone looked around and caught those 2 diplomats puffing away on a water pipe.
yes folks this is what happens when you do meth. your melon will splits wide open.these 2 will be dealt very swiftly so the rest fall in line....:lol:
DSC_0008.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts