majors 2016 garden..

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
@ninnymary this is just a sample from today that waits for you here in the nc Piedmont area ...
DSC_0005.JPG

yes @Smart Red bash away you had your chance to runaway too here, i still love you:smack

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
:hit I did find a lot of green tomatoes hiding behind the weedy pathways. I will have more than enough tomatoes for someone who isn't allowed to cook at home.

the hidden ones ripen first.... we love to share the mators dw1 has been making crock pot mator sauce.......

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Major, are those reddish ones Cherokee or Black Krims? My tomatoes are just starting to show some color and I'm picking them before those darn rats get them. I really prefer they ripen on the vine. For some reason they don't touch my Sungold's. So at least those are safe.

Mary

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Major, are those reddish ones Cherokee or Black Krims? My tomatoes are just starting to show some color and I'm picking them before those darn rats get them. I really prefer they ripen on the vine. For some reason they don't touch my Sungold's. So at least those are safe.

Mary

mary the ones in the back are black brandywire the middle are Japanese ox heart front are wes.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
What is different about "Japanese" Oxheart?

@seedcorn this is our first year growing ox heart tomatoes, we are very impressed with them. one of the sweeter tomatoes we have eaten. we had seeds leftover from dw friend so decided to start one. they are not that prolific as the mariana, but look at the photo they are sure more meaty .
ox on top..
mariana's on bottom
DSC_0013.JPG

the Japanese ox heart seeds were purchased from "tomato growers supply"..
dw will be doing a caner of just ox heart tomatoes. so we have a comparison.

as of now will be purchasing a packet of them this winter. be glad to send you some of each ox and mariana if you like...

Latest posts