majors 2016 garden..

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
i think that bee is a Green Bee, or a Sweat Bee. they seem to be a southern bee so i don't think i will ever get to see one up here unless someone imports them.

Mauldintiger

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
way too wet this year... last year was guess you call it the "perfect stormless season" and we dont have control of any of our weather , we just have to roll with the punches....

have dealt with drought and have dealt with biblical daily rain.. who knows whats going to happen next year..

Major, I've been watching the radar and all the storms going down the middle of North Carolina while we are under drought conditions here in upstate SC. They just never quite get here, so close yet so far
You are getting great harvests!

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
update 7/16/16
the raised beds
main view
DSC_0001.JPG

the corn.. wont be long now...
DSC_0014.JPG

planted some lettuce and beets between the corn, no lettuce but have beets.
DSC_0005.JPG

crowder peas are really kicking it into high gear.
note to self dont plant so many next year, just a wee bit of over kill.
DSC_0003.JPG

orange seedless watermelons..
DSC_0002.JPG

planted 250 yellow sweet corn this morning.
DSC_0006.JPG

dw came out while i was planting and picked everything down. this heat wave sure slowed everyone down...
DSC_0012.JPG

dw going to make freezer pickles and going to make crock pot tomato sauce with all the mators and add in a couple of the peppers.

Last edited:

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Major, I've been watching the radar and all the storms going down the middle of North Carolina while we are under drought conditions here in upstate SC. They just never quite get here, so close yet so far
You are getting great harvests!
we have been very lucky with the rain here, 10 miles north thunderstorms with hail and wind gusts 30-40 mph. to the south of us just about the same thing.
something about the power plant on belews lake that divides the storms before getting here<well thats my story at least>.

due to rain basically everyday for the last 3 weeks as well high humidity have not been able to get out there and spray fungicide, so i have early blight. more rain the next couple days...
other wise yes we have had some good pickings...

Mauldintiger

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
image.jpeg
My eggplants are starting to come in and we like them grilled, but need some variety because they don't keep well, how do you preserve all those? You have a Beautiful garden with great production!

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
thank goodness i did not believe the weather map and watered the gardens.......it's raining...:woot

you know if i did not it would not rain.....

Latest posts