majors 2016 garden..

Larisa

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The worst - the roots of birch. Birch is the devil knows where, and roots - in the bed!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had raised beds near a 75 year old California pepper tree a long, long, gardening age ago. Same thing with the roots, they really wanted to take that soil over. I feel your exasperation Major!

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
really need to take the tree down.....
What are you waiting for ! Perfect time to get a chain saw,make sure the chain is tight and teeth are sharp, check the oil and gasoline, put on tight fitting clothes, safety helmet and glasses, leather gloves, steel toed shoes. Make sure all people are safely out of the area that the tree will fall. Start the engine and proceed to fell that tree in a direction that will avoid the garden and not cause any other property damage belonging to you or your neighbors. OSHA you know. :p :lol:

Last edited:

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
@bobm I am so glad you were not in Indiana when I cut wood. Did some of those things but some not OSHA approved.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
You know seed , I used to live in Cal. where even on my ranch, OSHA and WORKMAN'S COMP. , etc. was always on a lookout for any and even the tiniest and obscure rule violation in any farming / business venture in order to put their nose into your business, then fine and harrass you. That is why I no longer had any employees,but I did all of my own work , purchased and/ or made my own equipment to eliminate the need for hired labor. Now that captain moonbeam ( gov.jerry brown) is governor it's become even worse.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
& there are reasons I don't live in CA or in any large city. If you can't change it, adapt to it, move. I chose move to sticks.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
What are you waiting for ! Perfect time to get a chain saw,make sure the chain is tight and teeth are sharp, check the oil and gasoline, put on tight fitting clothes, safety helmet and glasses, leather gloves, steel toed shoes. Make sure all people are safely out of the area that the tree will fall. Start the engine and proceed to fell that tree in a direction that will avoid the garden and not cause any other property damage belonging to you or your neighbors. OSHA you know. :p :lol:

boy thats some incomplete info.... no hearing protection.????? no maul and falling wedges ????????? no come a long and ropes ????????
have a saw sthil 290 teeth are only as good as the rakers, mine i have lowered even more to pull out chunks instead of sawdust...and no low kick back chains here.
this tree is going to be a witch to drop, it's more crooked than a politician. love a good challenge

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
walked the main garden once home checked the winter squash..
so far have 14 and more coming..... and a bug
DSC_0004.JPG

Latest posts