majors 2018 garden..

Couple good looking girls Major, I got rabbits around my place but the deer are thick. I never knew deer would eat a cucumber vine till last year, They nibbled on just about everything. They even tried the young Okra....once Lol! Milorganite keeps them out of my peas and beans for a while but if you don't freshen it up a couple times a week, or after it rains, they'll wipe the whole field out in a couple of nights.
I cant even tell I've got rabbits till I see them.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
3/10/18 update.....
tomatoes are up and doing okay, all but one brandy sprouted planted on feb 25th
IMG_1258.JPG

now for the peppers that was a disaster, like a big dummy used seeds from 2015/16 not one sprouted.!!! should have read my own post on seed longevity....
https://www.theeasygarden.com/threa...-of-seeds-and-ph-levels-for-vegetables.21603/
peppers seeds only last 2 years... so went tough all my pepper packs had new seeds except for yankee bell, tossed all the old ones..
so only a week or two behind on them. fresh seeds made the difference, reseeded the sweet bananas yesterday.
IMG_1240.JPG

the kales/ escarole are doing good... reseeded a couple of the russian red and white....
IMG_1259.JPG

the lettuce and bok chio are doing great the grn butter is slow to sprout...
IMG_1255.JPG

everyone got their first taste of fertilizer this morning miracle gro 4-12-4
have fans blowing
IMG_1246.JPG

did make a couple notes about the germination table thread..
https://www.theeasygarden.com/threads/revised-germination-table.21147/page-3

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Those look great Major!

My first sown tomatoes are the same size as yours.
I got a new heat mat and I thought I had cooked my seeds. The soil temp read 95, ack! It didn't kill them but it took longer than 10 days for them to sprout. Little bit of a learning curve for me there.
I had given up and ordered some new seed, so now I have a lot of seed to save for next year. :\

My peppers are also up, and I used last years, 2016 and 2015 seeds. They took forever though, but are growing well.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
rooted around in the yankee bells did not see anything happening.hope theres a sole sprouter so i can save some seeds, if not no yankees in my garden this year...

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
rooted around in the yankee bells did not see anything happening.hope theres a sole sprouter so i can save some seeds, if not no yankees in my garden this year...
Hear you. I saved seeds. Dang mice got in there and mixed peppers seeds up.......dang...

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
Your setup seems to be working great so far. We are seeding our garden plants tomorrow, hopefully my upgrades work better this year.

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
@thistlebloom , sad to say no I don’t . The big wind storm in 2015 tore it to pieces and wasn’t able to really salvage it. I need to build cold frame 2.0 maybe not this year but some time.

Latest posts