majors 2018 garden..

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
3/17/18.. update
transplanted the tomatoes into their final pots this morning... they did not like the miracle-gro fertilizer i gave them the other week. just a wee bit of burn on the leafs.
IMG_1275.JPG

IMG_1276.JPG

the kale /escarole
IMG_1282.JPG

lettuce and bok chio
IMG_1280.JPG

hopefully around april 1st will be able to plant all the bottom tier out in the raised beds.....

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
3/17/18.. update
transplanted the tomatoes into their final pots this morning... they did not like the miracle-gro fertilizer i gave them the other week. just a wee bit of burn on the leafs.
View attachment 25066
View attachment 25067
the kale /escarole
View attachment 25068
lettuce and bok chio
View attachment 25069
hopefully around april 1st will be able to plant all the bottom tier out in the raised beds.....

I was coming here to ask about if I should start the escarole inside, which I did already, but need to start more.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
after a good night sleep my batteries are recharged. decided to just see how many cages i need to buy. sure glad i counted..:lol:
have 41 54" cages and 10 modified short cages.. think i'm covered
IMG_1287.JPG

turned on the radio in the barn and broke down each stack and checked for any that had a broken weld. had about 10 that needed mending, little picture wire and electrical tape good for another year....
IMG_1300.JPG
while out there in the barn holy crap found 30 pots and 7 trays will have to clean them and check to see if any trays have holes in them and toss those...
IMG_1301[1].JPG

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
put up the forth mylar panel yesterday after transplanting ...thats the best everyone has looked since they sprouted..
IMG_1303[1].JPG

well crap now i'm thinking the mylar will reflect light better at a angle...hum now thinking about re-modifying the table again .....

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
Major, i spray paint my tomato cages to keep them from rusting out too soon. been doing this for about 20 years now. now the big box stores sell them this way at about 4x the price. still using the same cages, just give them a new coat of paint every couple years when it flakes off.

with the plastic trays, last year i took some epoxy to those that only had cracks in the corners & as a precaution i doubled them up to get another year or 2 out of them. some i found only the side of the flat was cracked so they weren't as easy to pick up, those were the one i put under the corner cracked trays.

now those thin pots i don't really keep each year when they crack. but i had spent some $$ a couple years ago & found someone selling about 300 of the 3" pots for a decent steal! i had bought some more but they are still sitting in their box in my laundry/seed starting room. just found i also bought some 3"x5" pots for the flats & some webbed trays that never made it out of the box they came in.
sometimes ebay is a good place to get deals. sometimes it is just a place i shouldn't be looking. :hide

the only pots i want to order are for my upcoming grafted fruit trees till i can get them in the ground for the season. i want to get some 10" tree pots but wishing i could find a good price for those.

Latest posts