majors 2018 garden..

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
speaking of cucumbers, todays haul...
IMG_1870[1].JPG

meanwhile up north they are still battling snow,lets face it more they try to put a happy face on the more we know...
my brother @seedcorn once again failed in a business snow cones
snow_house_450x300.jpg

yankees are so funny..............

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
we're gonna roast Sunday (94F in the forecast)... 88F Sat&Mon. don't think we've had frost for four weeks or so...

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
No surprise there. Most people like to keep that “little additive” to themselves.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
My mother used to make a tomato, cucumber, onion, oil and vinegar salad . I tried making it a few times but never like hers. She must of added something else.

a bit of salt, sugar, cut the vinegar with some water, it's a bit strong otherwise, you can mix the brine up to taste before adding it to the other things, also, plan on the vegetables soaking up some of it so i make it slightly on the stronger side. mayo, miracle whip or sour cream are good mixed in too. just let it soak in that and stir once in a while. yum yum.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
saturdays harvest...
okay dw did most of it.. but still it's a wonderful feeling again having a garden...
dw picked the last of the beets,radishes as well a bucket of oregano and a arm full of basil..
my contribution was the cucumbers and eggplant..
IMG_1882.JPG

IMG_1883.JPG

once dw had everything pulled put some 10-10-10 down in the raised beds and tilled it in tomorrow morning will plant corn in all the beds.....

did a second round of fungicide on the mators..everyone is happy... even the yorkers look happy....

we both called it quits it was too bloody hot... you know it's to hot when sweat is dripping down the back side......
IMG_1884[1].JPG

Latest posts