majors 2018 garden..

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not sure what those flies are doing in there. There are all kinds of flies, they can eat different things. Some can be pollinators. Where they are located on the flower it doesn't look like it, does it?

Doesn't look like they are using that for a sexual orgy but who knows. I'm not aware of any flies that might lay eggs where the maggots attack the squash fruit, that's generally moths of some type. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
went out this afternoon to pick down the peppers, 99% was not worth picking..poo did pick then down and tossed guess i need to keep an eye out on the rest, but it is getting late for around here...

did you get a chance to plant the seeds we sent.?

I'm working them in this week. I just re-planted some Collards that got washed out in the storm, and some more broccoli. Garden is still pretty wet to go In with the tractor just yet, but I gotta get moving, the cool weather is going to catch up to me pretty quick.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
update 10/7/18
well my fall garden really sucks this year not much popping up, can only think of 2 things 1. used old seeds so they were passed their prime 2. the weather has been unseasonably hot, in the mid-upper 80's thats a average of 10-15*hotter than normal for this time of year, so if they did sprout they got cooked either way.

oh well next year will be ordering basically all new seeds.... might even look into some new varieties .

the acorn squash is doing great ..at least we will have squash this fall.
picked down the sweet banana peppers and highlanders taking them to work in the morning...
IMG_2662[1] (2).JPG
if the weather holds true for next weekend will be pulling everything up in the main garden..

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
update 10/21/18......this morning we had our first wantabe yankee vortex roll though it was 41* with a windchill of 37* this morning.
coiled and tied the a good majority of the soaker hoses,stakes and poles..

looked at the raised beds so sad this year..the peas tried, just a bad year for a fall garden....
did the final picking of the peppers..
IMG_2711[1].JPG

Latest posts