majors 2018 garden..

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Do peppers cross?

This spring I want to cram Jalapenos, s h i s t o, fushimi, pepperocini, and maybe another into a corner of my bed. But I also want to save seed.

Mary

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
11/10/18....update
we went from summer directly to late fall temperatures in a snap of a finger...really have no fall/winter garden to speak of compared to years past.
so have decided to not put up any plastic hoop houses, if it lives, it lives.
some sad looking photos of the beds.

the honeybear acorn squash has been hit by a frost already...toast
IMG_2755.JPG

the radishes and bok chio
IMG_2757.JPG

half bed of spinach..
IMG_2759.JPG

one california wonder bell pepper planted while i was out of town.....toast
IMG_2763.JPG

now of course after replanting the carrot bed with newer seeds they are coming up...
IMG_2761.JPG

and finally the big fall harvest...3 radishes and 3 acorn squash.
IMG_2764.JPG

did manage to pull up the main garden last weekend... so much for getting a cover crop in ..
IMG_2754.JPG

all in all we had a very productive garden this year, dw did a super job tending everything while i was gone... looking forward to next years gardens...

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Most of our garden is bare, the hens are having a great time. We left up a double row of tomato vines and a patch of dead collards with equally dead tall weeds so they can have cover from hawks.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Most of our garden is bare, the hens are having a great time. We left up a double row of tomato vines and a patch of dead collards with equally dead tall weeds so they can have cover from hawks.

at midnight we hit 22* lasted all night was surprised to see that everything did well except the squash and pepper...extreme toast

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay did you ever install wood stove your son gave you
No, it is BIG and I don't have room for it without doing a remodel-that's not going to happen. I was wanting a little one, sigh.... But in reality, there is not room for even that. :he This place is not laid out the best for optimum room. And I am NOT giving up the old wardrobe that belonged to my Daddy's mother. My parents got it off her porch, out in the weather, gray and ugly. They had it redone-it is walnut! And had shelves built and put in it. When my Mom sold her house and moved in with us, I got it. It is squeezed in the so called dining area--and I have a little table. :\

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
We got to 31* night before last, expecting 28* Monday night. It's too cold, too soon.

go figure after a bone chilling weekend, now they are calling for 3-4" of rain through the week ... just cant catch a break...

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Walnut nice wood. In a magazine I saw a photo of a stone patio with a pot belly stove with seating around it . Used to light the wood stove on chilly nights when friends over and enjoying outside

Latest posts