majors 2018 garden..

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well there we have it first up Russian beauty, sure by the time I get home there should be few more popping their heads....
BE3F62F8-90A0-427A-ADDA-4967C2683D2E.jpeg

rainey

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I admire you guys who can grow your garden out from seeds. I truly do.

I tried it a few times with saved tomato seeds. Too much disaster and broken heart for me. Now I'm a total nursery whore. ...to the tune of a few hundred dollars a week this time of year. Oh well, I get a few things to pick and feel virtuous about. I am SUCH a Marie Antoinette!!!

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
I admire you guys who can grow your garden out from seeds. I truly do.

I tried it a few times with saved tomato seeds. Too much disaster and broken heart for me. Now I'm a total nursery whore. ...to the tune of a few hundred dollars a week this time of year. Oh well, I get a few things to pick and feel virtuous about. I am SUCH a Marie Antoinette!!!
you need to find a local farmers market this spring, theres always vendors selling seedling, a whole lot cheaper than the box stores.plus a wider variety in their selections....

personally i am a hybrid seed person, with a couple veggies which save seeds from...
IMG_1181.JPG

rainey

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Excellent thought! I also have a tree trimmer who used to do landscapes as well as trimming. He's offered to get my plants delivered for me at wholesale if I make a list and wait until the appropriate time for the most tender of them to go in the ground.

Still, guess who's too damned impulsive..

Looks like your garden is going to have an impressive variety of plants!

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
:lol:

Is that your garden, major catfish? MOST impressive!!!

no no im just a easy going southern country person, who loves aggravating those yankees..:lol: not my fault they want to live in the arctic and cry about it..........that deserves a double ......:plbb:plbb just follow this thread and you will see what vegetable gardening is all about......

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
no no im just a easy going southern country person, who loves aggravating those yankees..:lol: not my fault they want to live in the arctic and cry about it..........that deserves a double ......:plbb:plbb just follow this thread and you will see what vegetable gardening is all about......

True, true.

And it's a good thing you have a good outdoor climate for all that garden finesse little brudder, cuz that big head of yours would have trouble fitting in to an indoor garden. :hide haha

Latest posts