majors 2018 garden..

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
after all the laughs and giggles from the last page....
heres the serious side..... when it comes to winning a toaster.....:clap
IMG_1156.JPG

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Looks like you are ready for spring , dang it. We just keep piling up snow over here, and single digits earlier in the week. Show me where that dammed Phil is and we will put him on the grill:mad::mad:

getting closer everyday... our mid winter mini heat wave will be over today back to mid 50's and upper 30's/ 40's at night...

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
with the recent warm weather in my area i had to take a look around to see what was starting to grow or had damage. noticed the garlic was trying to sprout up so that is a good sign of spring on it's way.

checked the apple & pear trees to see if any damage & if i could take some cuttings for grafting or any signs the rootstock sent out suckers i could use for grafting. i know i have a M7 from one of the Pink Lady/Cripps Pink, one of my grafted trees on B9 has a volunteer sucker, and i can finally use the Ranetki crabapple rootstock i got a couple years ago for grafting this year!

got into the 50s yesterday so i did some initial clean out of the coop but it was too muddy & will be that way for at least another week. tried poking at the garden ground to see if i could do anything in there. NOPE! still solid like a frozen rock! :mad: grrrr. another month & i should be able to do something out there for tilling the chicken muck into the garden.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
started all the tomatoes,peppers and eggplant this morning....will be starting others over the next couple weeks....
IMG_1169.JPG

calibrated the Thermometer covered them put the plastic down and turned off the light..
the clock has started....tic toc

Latest posts