majors gardens 2021

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
figured since we are having freezing rain <so far little over 1/4' and 2 outages> it would be a great time to work the germination table....
yesterday stopped by my favorite hippy store and picked up a few things....

been wanting to try a red and blue bulbs to the mix, so the top table has one of each. going to do a trial between the two tables to see who has better starts figure try lettuce.

lighting check....
IMG_1859.JPG

made sure both heaters work... check
IMG_1861.JPG

temperature control covers still good...check
IMG_1862.JPG

cat proofing..check
IMG_1863.JPG

new heavy duty trays...check
got tired of the cheap ones only lasting many 2 years before they get holes in them
IMG_1866.JPG

of course a large bag of potting soil..check
IMG_1864.JPG

seeds have been ordered...check
had to switch up vendors this year usually it's johnnys but they are limiting sales, so ordered for territorial. seeds should be here next week.
ordered 50lbs of greensand ....check
last week ordered a pallet of raised bed soil from lowes for delivery today guess thats not going to happen....

have plenty of time to work on the beds before planting anything......yup comping on the bit to get things started......

tic toc

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
From here them 10-20’s look like Bootstrap farmers trays? Which are are not perfect but the best i’ve found. You’d think they could make an indestructible plastic tray?
look’s like a nice set up.
Thank you the germination table has gone though countless modifications over the years.

as for the trays those are super sprouters from what I have read they are 4 times thicker than the regular ones I believe it they are nice they better be for what I payed

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have been looking at those led full spectrum lights also. Not ready to pull the trigger on them yet though. I will pay attention and see how much you like them before we make any decisions about them.
Still using my t-5 highbays I like the led fixtures but like you I’m holding off till I see proof that they are better for seedlings.

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
Are you filling new boxes or just topping off the boxes you have. I am also looking for those highlander pepper seeds, found some my Johnny’s catalog so i am going to go online store and see if I can buy some without paying crazy shipping price.

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Do you like the soil from Lowes? Brand?

I was thinking of ordering a truck load this spring from one of many soil vendors here - maybe not the weed/MJ growers type, but I don't know.....I do know that my bagged compost that I got last year was full of redwood bark.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Are you filling new boxes or just topping off the boxes you have. I am also looking for those highlander pepper seeds, found some my Johnny’s catalog so i am going to go online store and see if I can buy some without paying crazy shipping price.
Just topping off the beds

I know its about garden season now....Majors got the bug Lol.

Major if the trays you just bought dont cut the mustard, check out these, I got 5 last year and they will probably outlast me Lol.

I also got some new 72 cell and 200 cell trays from bootstrap farmer, and they are built pretty well also, should get many years out of those.

Latest posts