majors gardens 2021

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
@majorcatfish, Johnny’s is not accepting any home gardener orders for another week or so 😠. I did find some on eBay $6 bucks for 10 seeds + free shipping. I have had mixed luck getting seeds from eBay in the past, I think I am going to order them though before I won’t get any at all. Seller is in Houston Texas so I’m taking a chance ,thinking they will be good viable seeds though:fl. I have been craving those fire roasted highlanders lately!

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
@majorcatfish, Johnny’s is not accepting any home gardener orders for another week or so 😠. I did find some on eBay $6 bucks for 10 seeds + free shipping. I have had mixed luck getting seeds from eBay in the past, I think I am going to order them though before I won’t get any at all. Seller is in Houston Texas so I’m taking a chance ,thinking they will be good viable seeds though:fl. I have been craving those fire roasted highlanders lately!
Have you tried Reimer Seeds?
Highlander pepper

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
Have you tried Reimer Seeds?
Highlander pepper
No I haven’t even heard of them before lol. DW went on Etsy and found a seed company called Texas seed supply that had them plus tons of other seeds , shipping was free. When I tried to buy the seeds from the eBay seller they had just sold out, so I decided to buy from Texas seeds and also picked up a few other seeds that I don’t need lol:idunno. Oh well tis the season for spontaneous Seed buys.

I ordered some stuff from Johnny's last month, just before they cut off the home gardeners and it took 2 weeks to get my order in. Most of the major seed companies are reporting record sales in seeds to first time gardeners this year.

I found these on Hoss tools website, im pretty sure they are the Highlander under a diffrent name. They also have the same pepper in yellow...

I have ordered a ton of seeds from Hoss this year, they have excellent shipping.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Do you like the soil from Lowes? Brand?

I was thinking of ordering a truck load this spring from one of many soil vendors here - maybe not the weed/MJ growers type, but I don't know.....I do know that my bagged compost that I got last year was full of redwood bark.
i poked a hole in a couple different types of soil and i like the miracle gro raised bed mix it had a little more body to it, think this will make the worms happy to hang out in. plus it's bagged sure beats having compost delivered and shoveling it twice....

Major, after our conversations about lighting for germination, i took your advice and purchased a nice full spectrum grow light. The immediate response to the lights from just the lettuce starts ( only thing left after the initial burn up, more on that in my garden thread soon) was incredible. I have several buttercrunch varieties and some romaine lettuce that i just started. All but the romaine was kept under the shop lights, the coastal star romaine was under the 6000 lumen grow light, it has exploded in growth just in a week. The leaf color is amazingly green, I'll get some pics this evening and post them. I ordered another, bigger light to replace the Shop lights on the top rack, should be here Thursday, ill keep you posted.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts