Making Celebs out of .. uh .. Celebs

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't think I have much to add to this conversation either, and if I get started talking about how the privileged and moneyed few don't have to follow the same rules as the rest of us, I will be on here all day.
My son recently met one of the biggest stars on TV right now, one of those 3-names guys. He said he is a major jerk. No surprise there.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Some of the celebs that are exploited are really, fairly unlikeable people in real life. Their behavior can be distasteful but that just enlivens the interest some folks pay to them.

We are also - maybe just about all of us - captivated by hypocrisy.

The media finally crossed the line by interfering in a child's murder investigation but the phone hacking was going on at a wholesale level. People who had the tiniest bit of a relationship with someone some of the media wanted to know something about, were hacked. And, not just their phones - computers and email accounts.

Something that is going on parallel to the trial right now has to do with stealing email and involves one of the lawyers for a newspaper. "Officers of the court" cannot be above the law.

I am anxiously waiting for the part about the bribing of public officials for information and public officials going to the media and reporting how they have helped squelch official investigations. That awkward moment while they stand there waiting for someone to slip some cash in their shirt pocket . . . At some point, somebody has broken a few laws and done nothing but damage to the profession and the society it would be really nice if they had been serving!

Steve

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I mostly stay out of this part of pop culture...

I'd be interested to why some of these celebs are so popular in the first place though. You know... Justin Beiber and Miley Cyrus.

I can partly understand why Justin Beiber is popular, his targeted audience would be small, young girls. But why Miley Cyrus? Some of this stuff is getting kind of scary. (Is that the right word?)

Latest posts