Making the pond system PRETTY - New pic

jojo54

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
1. You can plant shrubs to hide it.

2. Make a mound of dirt around it so it looks like a small hill.

3. Stack ties, or large logs aoround it like a wall and plant small ground cover plants to cascade down the side of the wall.

4. Move the water valve from the bottom to spill out the top and make it into a waterfall.

MotherBrugger

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Hi :D
I'm new, so forgive me if I don't know how talented you may be in the arts dept.
You can take styrofoam, even the flat type, and carve it with sand paper. You can then smear mixed wet white concrete onto it (use gloves) and cover the styro...shaping it as you go. This will heavy it, you can also add dye(s) to color. It can also be airbrushed instead of dyed. If you use the thin styro, the Japanese style 'mountains' make a good subject to emulate. Water iris around is nice too.
Edit: Jo's ideal of moving the spigot is good one too :)

wifezilla

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Your wood screen looks exactly like my fencing. I like it, makes it look more natural. That bamboo looks really cool. It is much sturdier than the willow stuff that I got... Looking good!!

wifezilla

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The UV rays up here at high altitude do a number on things so unless I clear coat it, I will be lucky if it lasts the season. If bamboo grows so fast, why is it so expensive? Or maybe I should ask "why am I so cheap?" :D

I guess I could MAKE some type of fencing when I trim the grape vine. I have PLENTY of vines to work with. Anyone done this before?

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wifezi, have you ever heard of wattle fencing? That seems doable with grapevines, or if you could scrounge/harvest some wild willow or other flexible wood. I think they have a lot of rustic charm and it's been on a "want to try this" project list for a few years. sigh...
Google wattle fencing and you'll get a ton of info. :)

Latest posts