Margali 2020 Garden

margali

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Here you go. It had quite the bite after marinating for about an hour. It was kinda too spicy for me. The kids actually started crying, oops. 2nd salad I made was just Italian dressing and they liked that.

margali

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Well I've been awol for awhile. The cucumbers keep coming and 2 vines have died off so now getting reasonable amount. We got half a dozen Anna apples from my tree. The flesh was VERY firm so ended up making cobbler out of them. Got a handful or two of blueberries. One watermelon is almost ready.

That was the good parts of the chaos. Husband's completed a series of 6 vascular outpatient surgeries. He's had every "rare" complication possible including migraines from the medicine. And on June 30th, we were told the plant I work at is shutting down by the end of the year. I'm part of the decommissioning team so I "think" I have a job till October 1st. The 4yr old is refusing to potty train due to the stress. We may have to move and pay $$$ break lease fee. And we are having to home school the 2nd grader this fall. I want a refund, this year stinks!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
You are right, that stinks. I hope 2021 is kinder to your family. If you have to move, got any idea where?

margali

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
You are right, that stinks. I hope 2021 is kinder to your family. If you have to move, got any idea where?
Hoping we can get to DFW where all of husband's family is located or stay in Houston. Tired of having no family nearby. Issue is DFW is mainly food, beverage, and electronics manufacturing. My last 8yrs has been petrochemical although previous 4 were at corn biorefiner.

margali

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Gardening update- we got a few gypsy bell peppers off my plant. Tasty as a snack but very small. The first watermelon I picked to early but it tasted great. I have two more ripening in the vine jungle.

Hurricane Laura blew down the wobbliest section of fence but no other damage to rent house. No damage to work either. Good wishes for everyone along the Texas-Louisianna border. They got hammered.

On the downside, I got my separation date of Sept 15th. Some interviews but no offers. :( So currently preparing to move out including the garden. Letting the invading grass grow among my planters and shifting edging to outline the one permanently installed planter which will be left. Also will be leaving the wildflower bed with wood and mulch border. They can try and mow it under but that corner will have volunteer flowers for quite awhile. *Sigh* It was just taking off...

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
I only got one tiny cucumber this year. I found a really cool recipe for kimchi stuffed cucumbers to try too :(

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh dear, I only glanced at the first paragraph of the post and didn't see all the other stuff going on. :( So sorry things are looking rough for you. I hope 2021 is a better year.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Separation notice... and you are moving out of the rent house? Where will you move to? So sorry that you have to deal with this.

Latest posts