Margali's 2019 Garden

margali

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Not sure. We want to get some land somewhere with decent access to Baytown, ship channel, petrochem central. Since we got married 8yrs ago we've lived in 3 states with 11 moves.

Last edited:

margali

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Exhausted. Soccer game this morning, planted my very wilted blueberries plus a $6 start of Misty southern highbush, sowed the wildflower seeds, hung the bee house, and bird feeder. Some tiny leaves on the strawberries and cucumbers sprouting. Shower and nap time. IMG_20190323_151418.jpg IMG_20190323_151530.jpg IMG_20190323_151457.jpg

margali

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
May's been brutal so far between preparing for Process Safety Management audit at work, soccer three times a week, and life in general. My orange and apple trees are doing well. The strawberries and blueberries are meh. The cucumbers and watermelon third try have died. I happy that two of my three expensive purchases are doing well. The soil in area I stripped for wildflowers is extremely poor. I'm going to end up putting mulch and kids playground stuff there for now.

margali

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
So been super busy with work and life. The garden has been toddling along. My orange tree is hanging in there but not getting any taller (the flowers are same size) while the apple tree is growing well. The blueberry that I sunburnt is growing back from the roots.

Of the veggies only the watermelon and cucumber are doing anything. The watermelon has taken over the world. The first melon I picked at 3lbs was overripe and the second at 2lbs not developed. There are about 8 more growing. I got my first cucumber yesterday. It was about a foot long and 1lb 2.6oz. It made a tasty Asian cucumber and carrot salad.IMG_20190908_123525.jpg IMG_20190819_190715.jpg

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
bury those watermelon rinds and they'll soon be gone. worms just love melon rinds... :)

glad your trees/bushes are doing ok. strawberries don't really like it when it gets hot hot out but they tend to do a lot better in the fall and spring. not sure what kind of winter you can expect there, try to keep them weeded so they get the most sunlight now that the season is cooling off to make sure you get a nice crop when they bloom/fruit. they'll like mulch around them to help keep the moisture in if it gets too dry make sure they get some water. :)

Latest posts