Marigolds

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I copied this picture today and I was going to do this to keep cabbage worms and aphids down, but if you start your own Marigolds you have to trim them. The ones in the store are trimmed. Mine got tall and kind of fell over. I have not started Marigolds for the last 3 years or so, but I am going to start a bunch this spring.
125419291_726456701328998_7474761550531345305_n.jpg

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
A couple of shots of my fall garden in Arkansas. This looks a lot cleaner than it often did that time of the year. I'd plant zinnias and marigolds in it, not for any real benefit but because I thought they were pretty. If you are going to get any benefit form marigolds as far as pests go I think you have to plant them the way GWR's photo shows. Grow a field of marigolds and plant a few veggies in with them.

I agree to pant the dwarf marigolds. They make a really nice mound of color without getting too tall. They will drop a ton of seeds though. I'd always save seeds and plant them but really didn't need to. I'd get so many volunteers I could get enough from those. Same with the zinnias. But by saving seeds I had a little more control over colors.

Garden NE.JPG

Garden SW.JPG