Marshall Starting a, What did You do?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've been under the weather both in an exterior & interior sort of way. Hopefully, I will be turning over a new leaf by getting on to things!

Is Marshall ready to start a What did You do in the Garden??

Marshall has had his Big Boy Boots on and has been doing construction work in his garden. What I've really needed to get to was doing something about the compost buckets. I did it!

With 7 days of average daily temperatures above freezing - miserably windy and no afternoon above the mid-40's - but it thawed the "stealth compost pile" under the deck outside the greenhouse. I got 4, 5-gallon buckets
shock.gif
of kitchen trimmings in there! I mean, I wasn't gonna start throwing that good stuff in the garbage!

Temperatures back to the low 20's tomorrow night but by about then, it will be time to start peppers! Enuf of this sitting around!

Steve

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Darn Steve! I was hoping to beat you to the pepper starting this year! I hope you start feeling a little "sunnier" soon, despite the exterior gluck.

I got everything pulled out of the shed and parked in the garage for seed starting but have sort of been laying around licking my most recent wounds.
Tomorrow should be the day to get it done, or at least make a more complete start on it.
Think I'll have dh bring the soil in the house to pre- warm tonight...that will get me motivated!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thank You Thistle', for responding to both threads. I'm afraid this 5 year old computer is just going to have to take a trip right off the planet!

I forgot that I need to check the entire forum, and behind every tree and bush, to see if it double posted! Wow. I wonder if I can set up that interplanetary computer catapult before sunrise tomorrow.

Anyway, my work outdoors wasn't in the frozen garden. @marshallsmyth - I'll still be waiting for you or one of our southern gardeners to start:

"What did You do in the Garden Today?"

digitS' @ the tablet

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
You're welcome Steve. :D
After I hit the post button I noticed you had eliminated one of your threads. I tried not to be insulated that you deleted the one I posted on.
It's a little awkward typing the same response twice, like hearing yourself telling a story that someones already heard. yawn...

But I'm not too sure I'm anxious to hear what all those normal people are up to in the garden. o_O

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I havent started peppers yet but i've started a few things!! I had 2 left over jiffy pots from last year, so a few weeks ago i plunked 2 cabbage seeds in. What the heck. They've sprouted, but are growing VERY slow with our lack of sun. That's a good thing though.

This week i put in seeds for green onions - white lisbon bunching. And another new one to me, Catskill brussel sprouts!! I dont know if i should have planted them so early...but we'll see!

I, too, hope you feel better soon Steve! It seems so hard to get started on those projects sometimes, but i am so much happier once i make the first steps!

(p.s. thistle i skied today, go me ;) )

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hmmm, maybe we should have a thread named...

What are you planting too early this year?

I'm encouraging my Raspberries to leaf out early, and I'm gonna plant my peas outside at least 17 days earlier than ever, but under cover.

Latest posts