Massive Scale Infeatation on Palm

SprigOfTheLivingDead

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Well, it hadn't been looking top notch recently and my wife finally noticed a massive amount of female scales all over some of the leaves. I bought this for her birthday two years ago, so this was sad to cut it all down and toss it outside :(. Hope it didn't spread :(

Picture from yesterday
20201125_155854.jpg

Back from March 2019
P3100153.JPG

Last edited:

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
if you can clean up a small cutting and then root that in another location then you might be able to beat it much easier than trying to clean up an entire plant (and the potting soil and environs).

SprigOfTheLivingDead

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Try a systemic insecticide I think it will work.

I've done a few insecticidal soaks and have had mediocre success :/. Thought about yanking this sucker from the pot and doing a cutting to soak, but ended up not.

if you can clean up a small cutting and then root that in another location then you might be able to beat it much easier than trying to clean up an entire plant (and the potting soil and environs).

I brought up doing a cutting from the corm and cleaning it but the wife declined. We've certainly had our fair share of infestations over the years and so many just come from attempting palms and bananas, so at this point a break is best ;)

I'm not even growing in my basement this winter!!!

Latest posts