May be getting a green house?

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'm not sure the situation, but a nice welder friend of my husbands said he made several greenhouses for his wife. Apparently one too many for her needs. He offered my husband 6' x 20' metal frame greenhouse for me. (Of course I'm off the wall thrilled!!!!!)

Is there anything I should be sure to add to it I will need? Where is a good place to place it in the yard? South facing, East facing? Does it matter?

I'm not even really sure of what or when I'm getting it for sure... just got lots of questions.

Also if he asks for some money for it, what would be fair for something this size? My husband is sure the outside is plastic with some plexi-glass.

*HAPPY SMILEY ME* :D

CottageGardener123

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Hi vfem,
I recommend putting greenhouses anywhere where its part shade, part sun that way you can put shade and sun plants in it.

You must be excited about getting a green house! I honestly have no idea what the price would be if it was for sale.

DrakeMaiden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It depends upon what you want to grow in it.

If you want to grow fall/winter crops, you'll want sun exposure in winter.

You can always add shade cloth if you decide you need some shade inside, but you can't exactly add sun if you find that your site isn't sunny enough. ;)

Oh, and congratulations!!! How exciting!

tfpets

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Oh, how nice! I hope you get one! Thats like a dream come true! I'm not sure where you would put it, just wanted to congratulate you! Imagine, you could grow spring/summer stuff all year if you keep it warm all year inside? How awesome!

Tina

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Still waiting on it.... the guy is still waiting on his wife to clear it out... she's retiring from the nursery business. I hope I get it before spring though. I want to get some winter seeds sown for the spring next year. Perhaps even start my veggie garden out in there instead of the kitchen window. Thanks! :D

Latest posts