Medicaid

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
I remember this law being passed, it was part of some Budget Reconciliation Act quite a few years ago, in the 90's I believe. Basically it said that if the govt' paid for your medical care, they could seize your assets upon your death as repayment. My grandfather was caught up in that, when he had to go into a nursing home.

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
This is all so hard to take in and we complain about waiting time for non-life threatening injuries. Shame on us.
When I think about what our medical system has done for me and my hubby in the last 6 years and our medical payments since January have been cut in half, I will forever be grateful. Right now we are paying $225 for 3 months for the two of us.

Annette

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh Mary, I don't know how I missed this thread but feel so awful for you. I can't imagine all this mess you are going through after losing your husband. My heart aches for you. I hope that several months later things are so much more in prospective for you. I wish you peace and joy. Praying you have found it. Hugs

Mary

Things are better. Mostly just trying to be healthy. I am reading and searching all I can about pulmonary embolism and what natural things to take to get off the blood thinner and never have this happen again. Stress can cause your blood to thicken and the hematologist told me I was not back to normal. I should have at least taken aspirin. I never had stress stop after I had the blood drawn. Stress and then getting sick, and less sleep with DS's new work schedule, being very inactive. I am trying the ketogenic diet. Starting to lose some weight. Getting busy with the garden and now we have some sun and warm weather. I feel pretty good. Thank you Mary.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Things are better. Mostly just trying to be healthy. I am reading and searching all I can about pulmonary embolism and what natural things to take to get off the blood thinner and never have this happen again. Stress can cause your blood to thicken and the hematologist told me I was not back to normal. I should have at least taken aspirin. I never had stress stop after I had the blood drawn. Stress and then getting sick, and less sleep with DS's new work schedule, being very inactive. I am trying the ketogenic diet. Starting to lose some weight. Getting busy with the garden and now we have some sun and warm weather. I feel pretty good. Thank you Mary.

i'm glad you're feeling better. :)

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
So happy you are feeling pretty good. I like the ketogenic diet though I don't know that much about it. I do believe our brain needs more good fats. Losing weight is always good both phsyically and mentally. Keep doing what you're doing. Just prayed for you. :hugs

Mary

Latest posts