Merry Christmas California!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
they've really needed this:

now i hope some of this gets over to the Rockies too for their snow pack.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thankful for it.

On Tuesday we drove 1.5 hours to Sacramento to replace our daughter's sum pump. Pump was a bear to find and had to drive almost an hour to pick it up. Her basement had flooded during the last rain storm. Now my husband is going back cause her gutters were clogged. She managed to get up on ladder to clean them out but said water was starting to come in. So my husband left this morning to go take care of that problem. So thankful he has the skills and time to make these trips.

Mary

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Have to ask, IF it was a son, would he be so Quick? I know I wouldn’t unless in real trouble. I have both but I’m probably a bad dad..;)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
both regions have picked up some very needed water for their snow pack and this will also give them all a nice bump in some river flows.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Have to ask, IF it was a son, would he be so Quick? I know I wouldn’t unless in real trouble. I have both but I’m probably a bad dad..;)
Good question Seed. Fortunately our son is a handyman. My daughters are not but they were raised to get good paying jobs so they can take care of things themselves by calling a repair/handyman guy. Unfortunately with the holiday and everyone also flooding no one is available.

Mary

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
SO GLAD to watch all of the storm systems coming your way in the last few weeks!
@ninnymary , do you use water barrels off of your gutters to save gardening water?
We have a large metal can and numerous buckets filled. But I'm going to be on the lookout for those food grade plastic blue barrels to get for next year.

We were supposed to go to our cabin Wednesday morning but have decided to wait until Thursday for the next storm to pass. Apparently it's a mess up there with not enough snow plows to keep up with the huge amount of snow that has fallen. The ski resort closed because it was so windy and trees were blowing so much and also poor visability.

Mary

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
it looks like more storms are on the way so that is great for the snowpack and water situation there. i've watched the SWEQ and percentages go from 10% of normal to 150% of normal and already there is half the snow of a normal year (of course this can melt or evaporate so it is always good to get more through the season to keep it all topped up :) ) and there is also plenty of room in all those reservoirs for more over the coming months.

Colorado, Utah, Arizona all have gotten some good rains and snows from these storms too so that helps so many people out. every bit of ground moisture they can pick up before spring means that much more water will be able to run off into the reservoirs and rivers instead of soaking into the ground or evaporating away. :) keep it coming Momma Nature!

Latest posts