Meyer lemon and Bearss Seedless Lime

Ga Chicken Mom

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Has anyone had luck getting lemons and limes from these dwarf trees? Mine are in clay pots, outside in the warm seasons and inside under grow lights in the winter. The trees have always bloomed very well but have blossoms and small fruit drop before any fruit ripens. The trees are about 2 1/2 ft tall and I've had them about 1 1/2 years.

dogginfox

Leafing Out
Reaction score
A good friend of mine has a dwarf lemon tree in a pot that she takes outside in the summer and keeps inside in the winter and she got 10-12 good sized lemons off of it last year (the first year she had it). It is about 2' tall

aee96

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I have a Meyer Lemon and a Mexican Thornless lime. I just use a general citrus fertilizer and the instructions say to fertilize every 3 months. My lime trees is 3 years old and about 3-4 feet tall. It is just now blooming and I'll get limes all thru summer and into fall. I then have to bring it inside on cold nights.

The lemon tree is very small still - like 2-3 feet tall but I got about 6 lemons last year in the fall. It is also blooming like crazy so I hope to get some more lemons. They were very good and had lots of oil in the skin (good zest).

I'm only watering once a week at the moment - but we've been getting rain regularly. When it isn't raining I water 2 maybe 3 times a week.

I hope that helps.

aee96

Ga Chicken Mom

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Thanks aee96, I'll try some citrus fertilizer as suggested. I don't know if I'm watering too much or too little. The blossoms and small fruit fall off before getting big enough to harvest. The trees are in the basement now under grow lights because its still too cold outside in N. Ga. Both trees are blooming - I'll fertilize and keep my fingers crossed.

dogginfox

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I talked to my friend last night and she said that she does not use any Fertilizers for hers but she has it planted in a extra large pot that makes the plant look small. She also said she waters once a week just to keep the soil moist

Latest posts