Mice~ Or Mouses

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Folks use to say if you see one~ there are 7``` Well, I didn't see any~ but I saw sighs of them```

So I began to set traps~ (down't in the wine cellar)~the regular kind~ you know~ pice of wood anvil~with a spring and a wire and a metal trigger~ and I got a couple of the plastic kind~ I can't describe them```

Anyhow~ 17 so far~ and I'll bet that's not the last of them```

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's that time of year. I get some every fall as they seek winter quarters. I'm hoping that once the garage gets drywalled properly, I'll end their main roadway inside.

I've caught 5 in traps and one cute little thing in a bowl that son took out to the back forty and freed. I hope son made it back before the little vermin did.

The signs seem to indicate they are gone -- or staying away from the kitchen and the food supplies. None the less, I know there will be another invasion come next fall. Just a fact of life in the country.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
They can come in under the garage door~ I've used the bucket trap~ it would freeze here this time of year~ and I don't want cat hair in my food```

caught another one yesterday~ that's 18```

haven't been down to the laundry room yet today~ so~ still counting```

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
upload_2017-12-5_11-16-56.png

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Even for a mouse or rat, I would not want to kill it slowly. I find the glue traps inhumane. Unless the human involved checks the trap daily and figures out a way to dispatch of the mouse quickly.
A quick trap works, with the least amount of suffering. Thank you, valley ranch!

Latest posts