Microwave Brownie in a Cup

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
:droolThis has nothing to do with Harvest, Canning or Preserving. But it's a BROWNIE so who cares?

2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons water
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 dash salt
4 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
4 tablespoons all-purpose flour

Directions:
1. In a 12 oz coffee mug, add water, butter, vanilla and dash of salt. Whisk well.

2. Add cocoa powder, whisk well. Add sugar, whisk well. Add flour, whisk well.

3. Microwave for 60 to 90 seconds. Center should be slightly molten. Careful not to overcook.

4. Enjoy with a spoon. Careful brownie will be hot.

I actually mix everything in a small pyrex bowl, then spoon the mix in a large cup. I microwave it for 60 seconds. We enjoy these as a treat, but the best part is that there is NOT a pan of brownies in the kitchen for us to eat. And eat it we will, until it is gone, gone, gone. :lol:

Full Screen

Read more: <a href="http://www.food.com/recipe/microwave-chocolate-mug-brownie-349246?oc=linkback">http://www.food.com/recipe/microwave-chocolate-mug-brownie-349246?oc=linkback</a>

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
May have to have Gypsy try making these for herself, Maverick, and Grandpa. Me? I don't do chocolate. Sounds like a yummy treat for the people in my life.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Finally! Found this thread! On cell phone in new house, boxes every where, craving a sweet treat and have sifted through multiple pages and topics on this durn phone and FINALLY found where I posted this recipe. Then I realized I don't know what cotton pickin' BOX the flour is packed in. &$#*#!!!!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Finally! Found this thread! On cell phone in new house, boxes every where, craving a sweet treat and have sifted through multiple pages and topics on this durn phone and FINALLY found where I posted this recipe. Then I realized I don't know what cotton pickin' BOX the flour is packed in. &$#*#!!!!
Bay, I think you need a glass of wine to chill out with.

Mary

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yummy, TFS sure hope that flour shows up quick. A nice warm brownie to enjoy while watching the ice melt.

bobbi-j

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing, Bay! Now I can fix that craving without having to eat a whole panful of brownies myself! (DH doesn't enjoy sweets.)

Latest posts