mid-November!

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
As you know I raise and butcher chickens. Chickens, turkey, duck and domestic goose and quail are pretty much the same, LONG cooking time with a LOW temperature to fully cook the meat and keep it tender. I probably should take the lid off an hour before my birds are done, bc they fall apart when I take them out of the roaster, but nobody complains! Just isn't as pretty.
Gotta ask: who grew up calling it Stuffing, and who grew up calling it Dressing?

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
STUFFING !!! If you place things inside a birds cavity, it is stuffing. If you place a souce or seasoning onto the outside of a bird, it is dressing it. :thumbsup

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mayonnaise has its place.

~ on bread in a sandwich ~

It took me a long, long time to realize that it's mostly that I really disliked it as a salad dressing. Even a simple carrot and raisin salad. Oh please! Especially, carrots and raisins - 2 foods I like to eat but mix mayo with them and ruin the both!

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
As you know I raise and butcher chickens. Chickens, turkey, duck and domestic goose and quail are pretty much the same, LONG cooking time with a LOW temperature to fully cook the meat and keep it tender. I probably should take the lid off an hour before my birds are done, bc they fall apart when I take them out of the roaster, but nobody complains! Just isn't as pretty.
Gotta ask: who grew up calling it Stuffing, and who grew up calling it Dressing?

it's been either or both for us as long as i can remember...