MN Weather Tonight/Tomorrow

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
We didn't get nearly as cold as THEY predicted. It is a balmy -19 outside. That's a far cry from the anticipated -26 for last night. I just heard from my brother. He's stopping today on his way back to Bonney Lake, WA. I'll bet he's sorry he chose this time to work on business here in Wisconsin.

I'm putting him into Gypsy's room. That means stripping the sheets and cleaning a space on the floor for Stan to walk. Actually, most of the junk on the floor is beany babies so tossing them on the wrong side of the bed should make quite a difference.

No school for anyone around here today. No mail, no garbage pickup, no deliveries. Not a problem for me, but I'll bet there are some who will complain they didn't get their [whatever] as scheduled. Probably the same (-20) for tomorrow morning. By late Tuesday we should be in positive single digits with 30's predicted by Saturday and Sunday. Guess I'll wait until weekend to mow the lawn.

Gotta get the sheets out of the washer.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Red, I think it is also a law here in IA. (besides which it is a rally good way to get your car/truck stolen) Whoa Hotpepperqueen, we got cold, but no that cold. Unless you figure in the wind chill. School was cancelled here also. I am going out now to try to run the car. Hope it starts, DH took truck to work as his company car did not start. Stay safe out there. Glad you have an emergency kit with you. Warm hugs...

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well. **%#@ the van will not start. So here I sit with a car and a van not running. If we do not get them going tonight and able to start in A.M. I do not know how I will get to work :( grrrr
Yippee ... as I was typing my phone rang. No school again tomorrow. So I have that extra day to get things going and temps to warm a bit.

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
CarolDee - Sorry for the frozen cars. My DH was hoping the car wouldn't start. I guess I can't blame him as he works outside.

-14 right now, -20 something tonight. Our schools are closed again tomorrow.
I think the snowman needs a coat! Take cake everyone!

buckabucka

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh man, is it bitter! The dog won't even go out to go potty. I'll be heading out in a few minutes to quick check on the chickens and bring the ducks water. I threw down some alfalfa and hay a couple days ago to give them something to scratch around in until they can safely go outside again. Definitely one of those days where I am glad that I spent the extra time and money to move the girls into a bigger and warmer coop for winter.
HPQ, do you put some heat in the coop? We were supposed to get very cold temperatures and I was worried about my chickens. Half of them are in an unheated hoop coop. It ended out getting down to -29 and they were fine. I really don't know what their limits are.

Crazy weather this year! Today it poured rain and got up to 50 degrees, tonight we are headed back to zero.

HotPepperQueen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I only have a very low wattage red lamp out there to keep the duck's water bucket unthawed most of the day and to keep the eggs from freezing for the most part. It was 0 degrees in the coop today and the birds were snuggled up. They are far more resilient than people realize. Just iliminate all drafts. The cold doesnt bother me much since I was born and raised here, 7th generation Minnesotan actually. My car started right up today thank goodness. Its just all a part of living here!

Latest posts