MOLES ...argh!

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I have moles everywhere. It's not good because when my dog gets on a scent, she wont come off it and digs huge holes in my yard..... like I don't have enough holes!
Might try some of those tomcat mole traps

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@Nyboy , I think snakes will eat anything they can stretch their ugly face around! :hide

We had 2 dogs and a cat that would occasionally dig up the tunnels, so I feared using the poison.

Moles tunnel and eat day and night. One or two of them can make it look like there's a whole herd of them. One year several tunnels appeared in a short time. I trapped 2 the entire summer, with no more sign of them. The most I have trapped in a season is 7, on a little over an acre.

They will continue to move in from other areas seeking food. For me, a trap has been the most economical way to control them. I empty the trap on the side of the road, happy crows.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
DH is out of town, I do not know where he put trap. He will set it when he gets home I also got some milky spore. Time to get that put out.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I poked holes in tunnels to determine where the activity is last night. They have not used those tunnels or made new! I will check again in a.m. Could I have scared them off by posting my war tactics? LOL I sure hope they are gone! So far all I did was sprinkle the area with the castor oil/soap mix!

Latest posts