&%#$@ Moles!!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I know how you feel... but my issue isn't with the moles. No no! Moles actually cause less damage to plants and the garden then these darn VOLES do!!! These things EAT the roots system of anything they can get their nasty mouths on. And our cats have been USELESS to getting rid of them.

:he

I found like 100 tunnels already constructed in my new garden this week. Time to start sticking the hose back in the holes. :somad

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodland_Vole

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
There used to be a cool product on the market that was pretty effective. It looked like a big firecracker, but it just emitted toxic smoke. You would light it and stick it wick first down the run. I think some nearby bunnies or cats got killed from the escaping smoke; it was taken off the market in some states. Don't know if you can still get it anywhere. But satisfying to use. I liked the looks of that verminator, too!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
The aroma from each panfull goes away in a few days, about the time the next one goes out. Also, when lots of folks are around I may cover it with wood chips.

Yea, pretty much boy cat urine is much stronger than girl cat urine. Seems Clevland the Abyssinian's is stronger than Peeper the British Shorthairs. Breed may have something to do with it too.

I put it where the gophers have been known to come around in and out the perimeter of my garden.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yea Marshall... but does the boy cat urine actually WORK to keep the gophers out for at least a complete year ? :caf

Latest posts