Moles?????

dipence71

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I am sooo sick of the stupid moles in my yard and now they are invading my garden. They HAVE to go!!!
How do I get rid of them with out pesticides (I have chickens ducks dog cats and kids that are in the yard garden daily) so I can't use pesticides. I have tried the"bombs" and they don't work they just come back and have brought their entire extended family with them.
They have to GOGOGOGOGO!!!!

HELP!!!!! :barnie
:rant :rant :rant :rant :rant:rant :rant :rant:rant :rant :rant :rant :rant
:somad :somad :somad :somad :somad :somad :somad :somad

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
OMG I so understand my yard looks like a mine field!!! one year I planted bulbs in all the holes and they took off like crazy I guess the mole dirt is good for something

I wish I had an answer but really I just live with them ..and some years it is worse than others

Chiefs Mess

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Ok this is what I went through.
Those darn critters killed my shrubs and plants because they were going after the grubs around the roots. Even killed a nice young Blue Spruce I had from a Christmas. I have dogs/cats and had chickens. What they did not dug up and killed (which left me bigger holes but I did not care. One less mole/vole) I purchased a granule product from Lowes. It comes in a white jug and you sprinkle it around the holes and the plants and lightly rake the substance in. I have to say it works but of course after a rain and after while apply more. It has not bothered my pets. For chickens cannot say. I started to use it after chickens were gone. Believe castor oil is the main ingrediant (if I am correct that can be dangerous in large amounts)

Now for my front yard, oy-vie, this fall I am buying the stuff that kills the grubs in the ground. No dogs in the front and for the cats they don't hang around the front. Then again apply in the spring and see if there is a difference. If so will do the back and put the dogs somewhere else. I did read that you can go through this maintance routine but your neighbors have to battle them too to get them gone for good and far away. For me, I have 5 acres so I am hoping this rule does not apply to me. :fl

I too am hating those rodents too. :tongue

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
maybe my moles are not moles they just leave pushed up dirt in a line across my yard but the holes are tiny and they like open fields and avoid the trees ..hmmm are there different kinds?