MONKEY GRASS; AL

GPN

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Hi my momma has MONKEY GRASS she would like to sell!! We are about to start thinning it and will dig what you want up and mail it to you!! $4.95 shipping cost and a box 7 x 7 x 6 full for $10. She said about 75-100 clumps would fit in the box this size!

GPN

pm or email me at goldenpheasantnessia@yahoo.com .Tell me you are from TEG because I am on BYC too!

I am able to take Paypal or Money order

GPN

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Still GOOD as long as I dig it up momma said!!
GPN

ShadyGlade

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Dumb question time, but what exactly is monkey grass? Does it have another name?
:idunno

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Ophiopogon japonicus (Mondo grass, Monkey grass, Fountain plant) It is an evergreen, sod-forming perennial plant. It's a pain to dig up.

GPN

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
6101_monkey_grass.jpg

I am from the country in Alabama and I have not found any of our names for plants anywhere, like we have turkey trots ( clemoe) found them this week, scuppydines (scruppnogs) found that out this week, so if Southern gardener calles it Ophiopogon japonicus i guess it is! hehehe Nope I disagree now that I googled it is more lilyturf that Ophiopogon japonicus.

Ours is white and green stripeed with purple shot flowers!

GPN

momma needs to thin hers and she has nowhere else to put it, and she started with a clump about 2 ft across and now each clump she moves is geting huge! Daddy most the time weed eats it down this time of year to give a fresh look but the weed eater is MIA and we are doing the trimming by hand and we need to start digging! Each clump needs half removed and we now have like 45 clumps !

GPN

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
i sent you a pm back :D

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Sorry GPN! :) It's Liriope. (lilyturf)

In the southeastern United States Liriope is sometimes referred to by the nickname monkey grass or spider grass.

GPN

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
thats ok I had to look it up to find the different name cause momma has never seen it in books here!! GPN

Latest posts