Monsanto - the planet killer is at it again.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I wanted to share some of the past articles I've read over the last 2 years of my Mother Earth News Mag subscription. All containing info on Monsanto, the FDA and GMO foods.

Unlabeled GMO Sugars in Common Foods
http://www.motherearthnews.com/Health-People-Healthy-Planet/GM-Sugar-In-Food.aspx

Round Up Kills More Then Weeds
http://www.motherearthnews.com/Sustainable-Farming/Roundup-Weed-Killer-Toxicity.aspx

And my favorite read, an example of how BAD the fda is, and how little the USDA cares about health. Shows how bad the US is compared to Europe about health. I mean really, who has a healthier population and we try not to agree with the european way of life?

Genetically Modified Corn Safe or Toxic?
http://www.motherearthnews.com/Sustainable-Farming/Genetically-Modified-Corn-Safe-Or-Toxic.aspx

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
wifezilla said:
It just keeps getting better....
"n a Tuesday afternoon press release, the FDA announced that Michael Taylor, a former Monsanto executive, had joined the agency as "senior advisor to the commissioner." If the title is vague, the portfolio (pasted from the press release) is substantial--a kind of food czar of the Food and Drug Administration:

Assess current food program challenges and opportunities
Identify capacity needs and regulatory priorities
Develop plans for allocating fiscal year 2010 resources
Develop the FDA's budget request for fiscal year 2011
Plan implementation of new food safety legislation"
http://www.grist.org/article/2009-07-08-monsanto-FDA-taylor/
I would like to know who and how I can write to voice my option that this is not in the interest of the people and I find it in the interest of big business. I would prefer they found someone with NO ties to large industry.

Ladyhawke1

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
http://charityguide.org/volunteer/f...-address.htm?gclid=CNjEgPOh7aECFRJWagodvS4yKA

However, the only time they get excited is if a whole lot of people contact them regarding one subject. I am talking thousands and thousands.

Avoid whinny letters. Emails are a dime a dozen. Handwritten is best and faxing that to the White House it is even better. We are the voice of this country. Use it or lose it.

Operators are waiting. You can also call and register a complaint. Try to remember how you may sound to another person. Be businesslike and non-threatening. It is ok to be concerned and angry about something but it is NOT OK to threaten. :old

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Here is my most recent letter to the First Lady,

Dear First Lady,

I am truly shocked to see such a decision to be made within the FDA with an administration hell bent on bringing good and fair healthcare to the people. Taylor's position in the FDA is just a win for Monsanto in a time when people are just starting to get the truth about GMO foods. Previously to now all research done by Monsanto has allowed its GMO foods, and Round-up treated veggies to get into our food supply. If we don't get sick and die in 6 months, that doesn't mean it is good for us to have. With so much of it in all our processed foods we don't even know WHAT we are ingesting.
I would think, with the first lady bringing back a victory garden on the white house grounds, you would understand the people's health and well being better then everyone. We grow so much of our own here on our tiny piece of land its quite amazing. I put in my first garden in 2008. We left the city to take on our own health and well being challenges because I not longer wanted to leave my choices up to the government. I quit eating red meat because it was impossible to get around the possibilities E. Coli was going to start hitting us regularly.
You have only been in the white house for 2 years, I can not reasonable expect you or anyone else to make the changes we as a people need, but I did vote for change, and I expect to see it. Its time the FDA and the USDA was run by people who represent PEOPLE and not power. I do not trust Taylor, and I do not trust whomever allowed him to be there. They obvious came in because of his connections, and he should be removed because of his connections. I have heard nothing public by him that he would be right to never have contact with an influence like Monsanto again and do his job for the best of the public. In fact, I see this as he is the weight mule carrying Monsanto on his back for a price. I push for his removal.
Please keep in mind, the people need to be healthier to start with for any kind of healthcare system to work, and it starts with our food. Agriculture is more important in this country then anything else... its where everything starts and ends.

Respectfully,

Shannon

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wellp, a company, or any agency or individual, that produces Hybrid vegetables also by necessity, has plenty of non hybrid seed in their stocks. Hybrids are made from usually inbred lines. There must be a stock from which those inbred lines come from. It could be they have only a small stock of parent material and they only slowly increase seed cound as generations pass inbreeding the lineages.

Um, has anyone noticed the newer generations of open pollinated sweet corn varieties? They are incredible! Last week I ate some open pollinated sweet corn a friend brought up. Large thick cob filled with deep sweet corn kernels that even i could eat with my bad teeth! It was grown in Windsor California!

A few days ago a friend brought a plate of very sweet white corn they said was a new open polliunated corn!

I'd like to know the names of these new open pollinated sweet corn varieties!

Latest posts