MontyJ's Revenge!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
. . . and, probably Journey's as well. She's fairly close to Wheeling - I think.

After all that record cold temperature there and here, we might have had the warmest morning of 2013:

My furnace failed!!!!

Now, the high temperature was 58 after the low of 46 and there were wind gusts to nearly 40mph with some slanted cloud bursts so, it wasn't exactly warm. I turned on the electric in the south room, which didn't see any sun until it was ready to disappear beneath the western horizon! Elsewhere, the Monkey Ward heater did journeyman service . . .

The repair guy showed up at 4pm and $220 later -- the forced air heat came back on.

. . . . :( steve

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Glad to hear it's back on! At least it happened before the weekend. Lazy furnace...could have held out another couple of weeks you'd think! :p

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Better now rather then 2 months ago!!! :D

...says the woman who's central air died last July in the humid south east region. YUCK!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Do you mean Monty finally shot Phil? And Journey was in on it?

Speaking of appliances failing at inopportune times ( I wonder when it is a good time to fail? ) let me tell you my sad story...
You might want to sit down.

January 2012 my 20 year old washing machine died. The last time the appliance repair guy fixed it, again, I told him he wasn't ever going to have to work on it again, because the next time I was taking it into the woods and shooting it.

June 2012 my stove died.

January 2013 my dishwasher starts leaking on the floor.

March 2013 our water distiller kicked the bucket.

Last week the dryer quit heating.

This week our water heater died.

It seems they are all in cahoots, or the appliance companies are somehow conspiring to eke more money out of us. Shhheeesh! :rolleyes:

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow, Thistle, that is an expensive string of bad luck! My water heater is on the fritz too, but DH is determined to fix it. I am skeptical. I think it finally filled up to the top with sediment from our hard water. We finally learned how to flush it...a little too late! Who knew it was such an easy procedure either?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Shucks, Thistle'!

And, here I was concerned about the cost . .

. of bar soap!

digitS'

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ya know, Thistle, that sort of thing was happening with my lil ole datsun pickup starting around 1986. I finally decided to have a second vehicle for when one broke down. One day both broke down. (I'm only ever able to buy ole vehicles.) So, shortly after that happened I outsmarted the break down demons again!!! HA!

I went and bought a third vehicle!!! Sure enough guess what. Yup. 3 of them broke down in 2 days! soon got rid of that 3rd one and bought charlie's angel's cobra mustang, well, it was either the same one or else was exactly like it. Then I inherited a new third car after reducing the number again. then the frame cracked on the lil ole datsun pickup so I sold it, told them and showed them. Then I moved to another town, gave the cobra to my aunt, dang hotrod idled at 90 mph! Eventually then i was back to one car.

I was an advocate for nascar chevette racing! Rusty Wallace never did answer my letter to him suggesting it...It finally broke in the middle of a desert on a trip to help my girlfriend's sister move back in '99. 2 months later I got the car I now still have. She never fails to get me home.

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
HA! Hillbilly voodoo does work. Journey said it would, but I was skeptical. It may have backfired though. It's 26 right now and supposed to rain all week starting tonight :(

I'm pretty fortunate in that I am able to repair any appliance we have. I have even gone so far as to replace a washing machine transmission. Eventually, they just get too old to repair and DW gets a new one. That's happened a lot lately :/ So now, all of our appliances are less than two years old, except the fridge. It's 3 years old. Electric furnaces are pretty easy to work on. It's the oil furnaces that are a pain.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
MontyJ, try to stay focused on Punxsutawney Phil.

You know,

before you unleash anymore rage on the world at large.

Steve:
Mortimer-1.jpg

Phil:
marmoset-1.jpg

Latest posts