MontyJ's Revenge!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
My hubby conquered the hot water heater! :celebrate It's back up and running and our water pressure came back up to par on the hot side. Too late to wait up for hot water tonight though...I'll have to wait til morning. I hate going to bed grimey. It makes it hard to sleep well. :p

I am with you, Steve, when it comes to gas stoves, furnaces, etc. If it can blow up, I vote call the repair guy who knows what he is doing. DH told me afterwards that he took it for granted that the breaker marked "hot water tank" was actually the correct one. As rigged up as this old house is, it is NOT WISE to assume anything is as it should be. They go on all day about safety at the plant he works at--you'd think that mantra would sink in!!!

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yay for hot water, and a working heater!! We've definitely seen our hot water heater with a foot of sludge in it, and we always have to replace at least one element...every 6 months. But this has been ongoing for at least 6 years, so you can hopefully expect years and years more from it, journey!! Never heard of the water magnets but sounds really cool!! Thanks for the link, i like the idea much better than a water softener, with its ongoing maintenance and costs.

Latest posts