Moon Gardens, anyone?

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
nightshade said:
vfem - lily of the valley can be very aggressive so make sure you plant it where you want a lot of it, it comes on white and pink and is really easy to care for.
I bought some bare root today (8) and planted them on the shady west side of my house where I have nothing. They are surrounding my Azalea bushes for now. I hope they do well, as its hard to find anything to grow there and do well.

I'm thinking of some bleeding hearts over that way too. Eventually I will create that area into a nice little fairy garden with fairy houses for my daughter and everything. She's going to be spoiled rotten!!! :celebrate

sred98

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Keep them watered well, at first. Or, better yet, mulch! They should do well with your Azaleas. I love my Bleeding Hearts. Have you tried ferns there? There are some really pretty ones. I have a hardy asparagus type fern that looks great. Very fairy-like. ;) Have you tried Hostas there? They will grow anywhere in the shade! LOL! I also put my elephant ears in the shade. They tend to scorch in the summer if I don't.

Shelly

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I haven't tried much there... I've done 10x more to the house since last year then I thought possible in the short time I've been here. I should probably start a thread with the how this dump was before, to how to was after.... like that 'curb appeal' show on HGTV.

In fact, I think I will! LOL

Latest posts